The Bronze Foundry and Metalwork areas are fully equipped to cater for all metal and casting processes undertaken by artists. The operation encourages direct hands on use of the facilities and experimentation is encouraged across a range of casting and mould-making processes. There is one Foundry Technician employed by the centre and additional qualified technicians living in the area are also on call for pouring and other specialist technical needs.
The Foundry and metalwork studio have 4 bays for hire at any one time.
- Technical support
- Use of all equipment and tools (Forge, Foundry and Kiln are additionally charged)
- Canteen facilities
- Wireless internet with access to mac and pc.
- Office Administration
- 1 Large Bronze
- Foundry sunk into floor
- 1 Iron forge, 1 anvil, 3 crucibles, sandpit
- Extraction system, canopies and lifting gear
- 1 front loading kiln capacity
- 4 working bays with benches, vices
- All metal work tools
- Diamond hand files
- Carbide Burr tools
- Die Grinder
- Polishing lathe and wheel
- Centricast maching and ladles
- Melting pot and ingot mould
- Sandcasting equipment
Small and Large angle grinders
Metal chop saw
Auto change welders masks
Gloves & Aprons
Assorted hand tools
Specialised Safety protection clothing, guards and gloves are provided. Foundry Gas is metered and along with materials are charged additionally.
Download Booking Form | View Hire Charges