The Bronze Foundry and Metalwork areas are fully equipped to cater for all metal and casting processes undertaken by artists. The operation encourages direct hands on use of the facilities and experimentation is encouraged across a range of casting and mould-making processes. There is one Foundry Technician employed by the centre and additional qualified technicians living in the area are also on call for pouring and other specialist technical needs.
The Foundry and metalwork studio have 4 bays for hire at any one time.
- Technical support
- Use of all equipment and tools (Forge, Foundry and Kiln are additionally charged)
- Canteen facilities
- Wireless internet with access to mac and pc.
- Office Administration
- Large sunken bronze furnace
- Portable tilt crucible furnace - Flamefast CM450
- Barrel furnace
- Blacksmithing forges with anvil
- Welding with TIG, arc and gas
- Large front loading gas kiln with scissor hydraulic table
- Benches and vices
- Centricast C300 mouldmaking machine with Seba 20kg melting pot
- Sandcasting equipment
- Metal sheet guillotine
- Metal sheet roller
- Chop Saw 355mm
- Pillar Drill
- Bench grinder
- Small and Large angle grinders
- Metal chop saw
- TIG Welder
- Arc Welders
- Bench Grinder
- Auto change welders masks
- Gloves & Aprons
- Assorted hand tools
Specialised Safety protection clothing, guards and gloves are provided. Foundry Gas is metered and along with materials are charged additionally.