|RESIDENCIES 2006 / 2007
2011/12 | 2010/11 | 2009/10 | 2008/09 | 2007/08 |2006/07
Angela Conte | Anthony Mawson | Dorothee Kolle | Kristaps Gulbis | Mariusz Soltysik | Yvonne Cullivan
Kristaps Gulbis , Artist in Residence 06/07
Residency Exhibition: 'Sheehan's Mobile'
I am interested in exploring the drinking culture of Ireland in the wake of the new laws affecting smoking and drinking. Are there alternatives to travelling in cars to pubs or subjecting third parties to passive smoking. What was the role of the shebeen in former times and does it have a function today.
Portfolio of previous work:
Gulbis' exhibitions include:
- Gulbis “Pinkhouse” 51 Venice biennale, Italy (together with A.Bikse) 2005;
- “Freedom is so Sweet” “Origo”, Riga, “S.A.S.E.”
sapnu fabrika, Riga 2003;
- Tthe summer of my homeland" gallery of
Latvian artists union, Riga 1998;
- Multimedium "the Scaffold" 2nd french - baltic videoart festival, "Riga" gallery 1993.
- "Identification of Everyday Ideas" Sculptors Centre, Riga 1992;
Gulbis' residency projects include:
- Sapporo artist in residence program Sapporo, Japan; 2002
- Scholarship of the culture capital foundation Riga, Latvia Unesco-Aschberg Scholarship 2003;
- “Cooperations”, Luxembourg, “Sculpture in Woodland” Wicklow, Ireland. 1999.
- Artslink Independent Partnership Program Grant, New York, USA 1999.
- Artist-in-residence at Tryon Centre for Visual Art, Charlotte, USA 1997.
- The gold medal of Latvian artists union "Artist of the Year" 1997
- Artist-in-residence at Grizedale Sculpture Park, England 1997
Curator and artist for Generation Europe and Pink House Project at Venice Biennale 2005
Lives and works in Riga, Latvia.